Turning pups into model citizens within the community
Our experienced trainers will use forty plus years of training techniques and styles to personalize your pup's personal training program based on their learning style. Our trainers use a positive reinforcement technique to shape your pup's unwanted behaviors into model citizen behaviors.
In-Kennel Obedience Training
What your pup will learn
- Walking on a leash
- Stay *sit and down for at least 2 minutes of time*
- Recalls (AKA coming when called)
- Not reacting to distractions
- Mannerism such as not jumping, not getting on furniture, and play nipping
Three week Boarding School Itinerary
- Day 1: They will settle and acclimate to their personal room and patios, get to know their neighbors, and get to meet the staff members that will be caring for them
- Day 2: They will meet the trainer who will be conducting the classes. They will have fun in their evaluations as they find what they really enjoy.
- Day 3: The trainer will have created a lesson plan specific to your pet and classes will start
- Week 3: Send Home Lesson: A private lesson will be scheduled for you to reunite with your well behaved pup. The trainer will spend an hour to hour and half going over A) Your pups learning techniques B) Demonstrate your pup knows their commands C) Have you practice the training to keep it enforced at home.
- Week 5: Follow up lesson: This lesson is set up for after 2 weeks of at home training. This private lesson gives you the chance to ask any questions or voice any concerns and for our trainer to ensure that the training is best suited for you and your pet.
- *There is 2 more private lessons with the trainer to work on whatever you would like including long distance control*
Masters does not believe in discrimination among dog breeds and train dogs of all breeds. Prices are based on age and temperament of the pet. If you have not already please review our boarding. After reviewing our boarding give us a call to book your three week boarding school today
|Age of Dog||warningPrice|
|Under 6 Months||$1,260.00 - $1,460.00|
|6 months to 1 year||$1,460.00 - $1,660.00|
|Over 1 year||$1,660.00 - $1860.00|
Want specialized training such as K9 Good Citizen, Agility, Protection, IPO? Want to explore more in depth behavioral concerns such as biting, territorial behaviors, marking, or reacting to other animals? Do you just want a refresher course in training your pup? Get an hour of our trainers time that is specialized to help you and your pet best seven days of the week!
|Price||$75.00 - $100.00/hr|
K9 Good Citizen
Your pet is a model citizen why not take them out to join society. A K9 Good Citizen certification will show that your pet is take out to public worthy! Perfect for your emotional support service dogs. This course shows that your dog is capable of doing the following
- Accepting friendly stranger
- Sitting politely for petting
- Accepts Grooming
- Walk on loose leash
- Walks through a crowd
- Sit, Down, Stay on command
- Calming when called
- Reaction to another dog
- Correctly Reacting to distraction
- Can be separated from owner for 3 minutes
|Training||See Private Lessons|
Beginning Basic Obedience Class
This class is commonly referred to as "Puppy Kindergarten." It is a 6 class course for the dog (regardless of age) and owner who need to learn the fundamentals of K-9 behavior & Basic Obedience.
A new class starts about every 8 weeks. They are normally conducted on Saturday mornings from 11:00 am - 12:00 pm.
Anyone interested in joining the class may call us from our contact us page and ask to be added to the list.
Our staff members will take your name and contact information so that the trainer can give you a call to register you for the next class. The trainer calls everyone on her list a week before the class is to start to get you registered and what is needed for her class.
This class covers the history and natural behavior of dogs, shows you effective training techniques, and helps the owner understand how training works. During this class the trainer will ensure that your pet is able to do basic obedience commands of a) heel b) sit c) stay d) come when called e) report to front f) finish and return to heel position g)down h) re-sit i) stand while helping owners approach own training such as housebreaking, manners, and correcting behavioral problems. Owners and pups will get a picture and certification of excellence on the 6th class.
We cover the history and natural behaviors of dogs to help owners understand how the training techniques used are effective. This helps the owners in approaching housebreaking, manners, and behavioral problems as we incorporate obedience commands. These commands include heel - sit - stay - come when called - report to front - finish and return to heel position - down - re-sit - and stand.
There is a graduation on the 6th lesson with a certificate.
Advanced Obedience and Agility Class
This class is for anyone who is looking to further their dog's performance and education. Class is usually taught on Saturday mornings from 9:00 am- 11:00 am.
This class focuses on; off-leash work - precision heeling - distance - distractions - jumping - retrieving - and agility work.
Dogs and owners wishing to do this class must have done the Basic Obedience class or equivalent training.
Equivalent training must be evaluated in a private lesson before class registration.
|Training Package||Age of Dog||Price|
|warningIn Kennel||Under 6 Months||$1,260.00 - 1,460.00|
|warningIn Kennel||6 Months to 1 Year||$1,460.00 - $1,660.00|
|warningIn Kennel||Over 1 year||$1,660.00 - $1,860.00|
|warningPrivate Lessons||Any||$75.00 - $100.00 per hour|